Have you got a great recipe? Send it to us
(makes 18 cupcakes)
Kindly shared with us by Vanessa at www.prepped.co.uk
FOR THE CUPCAKES
To decorate about 25g of chocolate shavings
FOR THE FILLING
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 4.
2. Sift all the dry ingredients for the cake into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl place the 3 eggs and whisk. Add the oil and beetroot.
4. Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Mix well.
5. Line a muffin tin and divide the mixture among 18 large cupcake papers/muffin paper cases. Bake for 25 minutes, or until they have risen and spring back into shape if touched.
6. Leave to cool completely on a wire rack
7. Whip the cream, icing sugar, vanilla essence and black pepper together until thick – careful not to over do the pepper, I suggest grinding some in then tasting until you are happy with the balance.
8. Gently cut a piece out of the centre of each cupcake to make a ‘hat’, then slice in half. Fill the hole with the cream and pop the top back on the make wings.
9. Scatter with chocolate shavings and serve. If you are not eating straight away these will keep in an airtight container until the use by date of your cream